WHO WE ARE
WHAT WE BELIEVE
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are people who are striving to be Christians like those of the First Century as they followed the teachings of the inspired apostles. Peter defines Christians briefly in his first epistle when he wrote, “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy” (1 Peter 2:9-10 NKJV). We make no claims to being perfect but as those who, like the apostle Paul, are striving to reach the prize of the high calling of God that is in Christ (Philippians 3:13-14).
We are often asked what we believe and why we believe it. The word of God teaches us to be ready to provide an answer for such questions (1 Peter 3:15). What do we believe?
- We believe the Bible, both Old Testament and New Testament, is the word of God.
- We believe that the Bible is not the product of the mind of man but that it is truly that which God revealed to man for guidance in this life as we prepare for eternity (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- We believe that God is the Creator and sustainer of the universe and that we live, move, and have our being in his Providences (Genesis 1:1; Acts 17:28).
- We believe that there can be religious unity upon the word of God and upon his word alone without the added traditions or creeds of men (1 Corinthians 1:10; John 17:20-21).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and was sent to be the only Savior of men (Matthew 16:13-16; 1 John 4:9-10; John 14:6).
- We believe that men must hear, believe, and obey all that is revealed as God’s plan of salvation (Romans 10:17; John 8:21-24; Acts 17:30; Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16; Philippians 2:12).
- We believe there will be a resurrection from the dead and that the Lord will judge us all on the Day of Judgment (John 5:28-29; 2 Corinthians 5:10; John 12:48)
What can you expect if you come worship and study with us?
- You can expect to find a welcoming and friendly mood at Crestview at all of our services. We love to have visitors and will do all we can to let you know that we truly appreciate your presence with us.
- You can expect a simple worship experience with no artificial procedures. There is no extravagant ritual or any other attraction other than the cross of Jesus and simple gospel preaching.
- You can expect the singing of hymns, prayers, encouragements and a general spirit of love and fellowship.
- You can expect us to not embarrass you! We are all human and need the grace of God.
- You can expect Bible classes that are truly Bible-based for all age levels.
- You can expect to find ordinary people living ordinary lives as we seek to honor God in all things.